Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Start Saving Your Boxes

Next month, Scrap Happy is having a class on making mini albums. Being such a frugal crafter, I have been saving my cardboard boxes from cereal, breakfast bars, etc., to use for chipboard. With the new deep cut blade for the Cricut, I have had great luck cutting my own chipboard. It works really well for embellishments and album covers. We haven't set the date yet, but I thought I would give you a heads up on saving your boxes. We will have an example at the class on Sunday, then post a pic here.

At the class this weekend, we will be using another 'frugal crafter' item. To protect your paint can (or whatever) from the weather, you will want to apply some kind of sealer. The quickest and easiest thing I have found is spray polyurethane. It is available at all the craft stores, but it is also available at Family Dollar. It is called Clear Finish. It cost about $3.50 for a large can that should cover a lot of projects. When you go by IGA, you might want to stop by FD and pick up a can.

more later, swr

No comments:

Post a Comment