Monday, May 25, 2009

RE: Recipe Club and Scrap Happy news



Happy Memorial Day!

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. Denise and I spent the day cooking up the next pages for Recipe Club. Don't forget that we are Grillin' on June 6th at 10:00 AM. Please call the shop at 786-2009 or email me if you haven't already signed up. More about this later...

This is a picture of the layout (in progress) at our class last Sunday. This picture doesn't do the pages justice -- they all turned out so cute. Everyone had a chance to personalize their layout a little with various punches/metallic distressing, etc. Everyone finally got a chance to use the Scor-Pal to emboss the background pages and to try out the Scor-Bug for perforating paper for stitching. The Scor-Bug makes perfectly spaced indentions to make decorative stitching so easy. If you use the Scor-Bug, then turn the page over, you have an embossed dotted Swiss pattern. I just love this new tool. (And, I did get a chance to use those cereal boxes I've been saving to cut the star journaling tags. The weight of the cardboard in those boxes cuts easily in the Cricut, so keep on recycling!)

The cuts on the above pages are from Uncle Sam's Extravaganza I, II, and III. If you have Sure Cuts A Lot, the .svg files are available at www.svgcuts.com I have all three bundles if you are interested in getting any of these cuts. Just let me know at SRoss3456@aol.com. These files are used with the Cricut and SCAL. I get a lot of files from svgcuts.com. Their product is among the best of the svg cuts and the service is great. Anyway, Uncle Sam's has a lot of cuts that will work for summer, Fourth of July, Memorial Day, tribute pages, etc. I just pulled out some of my nephew's military pictures, so check back here to see a tribute page to the Army Special Forces.

The blog has been silent for a few days while the ladies at Scrap Happy ladies made some decisions. I guess by now most of you know that SH will be closing it's door on June 26th. We have ALL enjoyed our time at Scrap Happy and will really miss the shop, as well as Ericia, Jennifer, and Denise Ballard. Denise Branstetter, Lane, and I have had such a good time helping out at SH and working the classes. We love to papercraft and we thoroughly enjoy spending time with our fellow scrappers. Thanks to Scrap Happy for giving us the opportunity.

That being said, don't fear! We will be having Recipe Club at the shop as usual on the 6th. We are planning to continue Recipe Club (and other activities) at a different location. At this time, we are working out the details, so keep checking here for news. In the meantime, please stop by Scrap Happy to participate in their storewide sale. If you are not already on the mailing list, please drop me a note at SRoss3456@aol.com OR scraphappy@scrtc.com so we can keep in touch.

Things always change, but I believe the interest and the friendships will remain.

more later, swr

No comments:

Post a Comment